Weigh in day..

Today was my official weigh in day, I had weighed myself on Friday but wanted to wait till it was "official" to actually log it. So this morning I weighed myself and I've lost 2.8lbs since last week around this time. This is great progress! I mean, I had visions last night of being at least another pound lower and this morning started giving myself a hard time (why did I have that cupcake and glass of wine last night?) but, then I realized that this is not a sprint, it's a marathon. I know that these results will not be typical every week and some weeks I'll lose this much and some weeks not as much, so I just have to give myself a break. I did GREAT this weekend, I kept reminding myself "I have weigh in Monday" and that kept me away from the treats and the binges that I normally will do on weekends. If I didn't have a treat every now and then.. I'd go crazy.

It's now been two weeks since I decided to cut the gluten down from my diet, it's definitely been a more positive experience. Some days are easier than others, but I continue to press on. I've made sure to stock my cabinets with healthy gluten free treats for days I feel like I REALLY need to break. I've been searching and making healthier GF recipes for dinner as well, so some days are completely gluten free. I really feel like this is going to help my thyroid and for the first time I'm hopeful about maybe going off of the medication at some point again (I was off for a few years because my thyroid was normal and then pregnancy happened). I've been drinking TONS of water lately too, I'm always trying to make sure I have water near me because I've noticed if I go to long without drinking it I get dehydrated (quicker than I thought!).

This morning I worked out for the first time in a long time, I did a group fitness class called Grit. The name was appropriate. It was a lot of fun, I wish I could do it on a regular basis but the location of the gym just wouldn't work out for me on days I have to head into the office. I went and checked out the "fancy" gym that is closer to my office over the weekend and fell in love with it. They had just about everything you could possibly want and or need in a gym. Too bad it was way out of my price range..I know I should think of it differently, but I just can't justify spending $150 a month on a gym. Ugh I wish I could. It really was fantastic, the yoga studio was so peaceful and warm. Ah well, I'll figure something out! Either way the class this morning was great (and painful).

So progress! I am back to have lost 25.8 lbs and I'm continuing on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!