Gotta get my shine back

Do you know what is really hard? Being positive. I've always been a fairly happy, laid back, positive person but lately I've lost that. My shine has been dulled a bit. A lot of it could be from just plain being an adult and all the stress that comes along with that add some sad events, other things that have happened and it all just turns into this big ball of negative energy. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy, I am happy! I just don't feel as..positive as I once was. 

Now, realizing this has been hard and I've taken a step back and I've seen how it has really affected me - I've taken a time out from the constant go go go routine to see that I really need to figure out how to bring that positivity back. I've been looking at some affirmations on Pinterest and trying to figure out how to add meditation into an already packed day. I want to start my day with a positive affirmation, something to bring me back to center and end it with meditation/yoga. I'm not really someone that buys into a lot of New Age stuff, but lately I really feel that if I work on this aspect of it, I can help dig myself out of this..funk I've been in. I also feel that doing this will give me more energy and help unload some of that invisible negative baggage. 

My goal for the next week is to start each day with a positive affirmation, I've got a board on Pinterest with "positivity reminders" on it so that I can use those. Then at night, about a half hour or so before bed, I'll sit down in a quiet spot, light a candle and just..be. Meditation is really hard at first, I find that I'm constantly thinking of other things when I should be focusing on thinking about nothing at all (which is virtually impossible lol). So I'm going to work on that.  I'm also hoping to get back to yoga soon!  My back is slowly healing so I could do some of the poses, I just love that hour or so of just..being in one place and not worrying about who has to be where, how many e-mails I have, what I'm doing next.. and just enjoying the moment. 

 Once my back is a bit better, I'm getting back to the Gym. I miss it. I miss running! Nutritionally, I'm taking it step by step and trying not to do everything all at once. If I drink my water for the day or have 2 out of 3 healthy meals - I'm counting that as a win! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!