When slow and steady isn't good enough.

I read a lot of blogs on dieting, eating healthy and exercising. I also read some of the community posts on MyFitnessPal. What drives me crazy about some of the posts on MFP is  some of these people are so amped up and ready to lose weight that they will do anything. I know some of these people are "trolls" and are just doing it to get a rise out of the people on There, but I don't get it. When you eat such a small amount of calories, you are putting your body at risk, so what you lose 40 pounds in a month and you look great. The minute you start eating "normally"again it all comes back on.  A 500 calorie a day diet and vitamin injections? Nope, that's not OK no matter who is watching your diet. If a doctor approves that, you may want to verify his medical license.

I used to be one of these people. I wanted to lose weight and I wanted to lose it as fast as possible, it would ultimately end in a binge and I would gain everything (PLUS ten pounds back). 1-2 pounds a week is healthy! Although, usually men are able to shed weight like that **snaps fingers** and keep it off (Yes, damn them) so the 1-2 pounds a week doesn't necessarily apply there.  For the rest of us, 1-2 pounds a week is normal and it is healthy, it is what most people lose when trying to lose weight. Sometimes, I have weeks where I don't lose anything (like last week) but I also don't gain anything (phew). I have to remind myself there are other factors at play and that maybe, just maybe I got away from my "plan" more than I should have.  Sometimes my cravings for chocolate are just more intense than usual and I have to have something sweet at least once a day.  

Anywho. Happy Monday Everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!