Walking with Sadie

Sadie is my Beagle/Jack Russell mix that I take on walks with me.  She is the happiest dog you will ever see, she seriously does not stop wagging her tail. I could be yelling at her and she still wags her tail (slower, but it's still wagging). She's a sweetheart and so taking her for walks has been so nice for both of us, she is getting the exercise she so desperately needs (so she doesn't tear apart my house during the day) and I am getting the exercise I need.  So far for the past 3 mornings we've gone on a half hour walk and when we get back she instantly drinks half a bowl of water and then goes to lay down. She's beat. I guess I walk a bit to fast for her? :) I used to try and take her for runs before I got pregnant but she would stop halfway through and lay down! So our walks are going well and she seems incredibly happy that we're going on them.

The other beneficial thing for me about walking is that it will make labor easier, this is a huge benefit to me. It also seems to be helping with my lower back pain. I will be 20 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe that I'm halfway there already. This has been the fastest yet slowest 5 months of my life, I know the next 20 weeks will go by the same way. Everyone says to enjoy it, which I definitely am! I just am very excited to see what my little guy looks like. Now and then I feel his little kicks just to let me know he's in there and wow what a feeling. I know that I probably won't feel them as much as everyone else (my placenta is in the front making it more difficult to feel his kicks/punches etc) but it's so amazing. I still have moments of shock that it hits me but those are getting less and less as my belly gets bigger and bigger!

Anywho, that's all she wrote for today! Stay cool everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!