Size 12! Victory!



Today started out not so great, I honestly was not feeling like moving this morning. I was exhausted after a lovely yet busy weekend all I wanted to do was sleep in. I didn’t want to go out and exercise, I just wanted to sleep. I even made it to work and sat in my car for 15 minutes debating whether or not I wanted to run. I really, really, really did not want to.  At 5:45 I finally said to myself  “This is it, if you don’t go now, you won’t be able to and then you will have gotten up at 4:30 for no reason at all” So I did. I got out of my car and I went for a “run” I use the word run loosely as I can’t call what I’ve been doing running, though I have to say it doesn’t really matter how fast you’re going as long as you are out there. So I did it. I did really well too, towards the end it was tough though because there is a MASSIVE hill that I have to go up and come back down to make the full 30 minutes. I had to run up this hill and I’m not even kidding you, I know for a fact that I look like a sloth trying to go up a hill. I kept thinking in my head “That’s it, I’m done. Dead. See ya later.” But I survived. I took about a 2 minute break at the top so that my asthma didn’t get the best of me, but I made it. I almost “ran” two miles (though runkeeper calls it a walk ha ha it didn’t feel like a walk to me!). I felt good when I got back – tired, sweaty and a hot mess but good.  So I went back to get ready for work and I had  slight panic attack when I went to get dressed – I had brought a size 12 pair of pants with me. That’s it.  I’ve been wearing a size 14 (and that’s even a bit snug some days!) so I thought “what if my pants don’t fit? WHAT am I going to do!?” I figured I’ll just try them on with much hesitation and a bit of fear. Well, to my complete surprise they fit. They are tight but they fit and I can actually button them!  This is a huge deal for me, hitting this milestone gives me the boost I *need* to keep going.

I keep saying that I need to and want to do these races because that will keep me motivated. Well I just signed up to walk the Boston Marathon route with the Jimmy Fund on September 21st. To some people it may not seem like a huge deal because I’m not running it, but for me, walking 26.2 miles is going to be a lot!  I’m really excited to raise money for cancer research and to help those that have had to deal with such an awful, awful disease.  If you’d like to donate to help me reach my goal, you can do so here:


Thanks all :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!