Happy post!

Today is a great day. I feel so good about myself and about what I am doing. I have been given a lot of compliments today and it has just made me realize why I am doing this and makes me so excited for what I am continuing to do.  There is nothing better then hearing someone tell you that you look Tiny. Seriously, made my day,morning and my night.

I have been on MyFitnessPal for 32 days consecutively. I  have logged all meals and exercises in those 32days and have lost 11 pounds, in those 32 days. My mindset  is changing, I don't often have those thoughts of  "I can't do this" Instead, I have thoughts of, I can and will do this. Also, instead of me thinking "if I lose all this weight" it is now WHEN I lose all of this weight.  I can see a change in my attitude and in myself. I feel happier. I am still not where I want to be confidence wise, but things are getting better. I still have a very very sensitive opinion on my body image but it's getting better, slowly but surely. One thing that has really hit me is that even when I lose this weight, I am not automatically going to feel better about myself. I need to focus on who I am and what makes me happy as a person. This is how I will and how I have been doing this. You can't change who you are on the outside without changing who you are on the inside. I'm going to say that again for emphasis: You can't change who you are on the outside without changing who you are on the inside. 

How true are those words? Say you are 350 pounds and miserable, nothing makes you happy and you think it is because you are fat. So you start to eat better, exercise and become a lean 150. Great! You should be thrilled with how you look and who you are! However, if you have not dealt with the issues that got you to become overweight (over eating, depression, drinking etc) you are still going to feel the same as you did when you were overweight. The important thing for me was to realize why I gained weight and why I haven't been able to lose it or keep it off. I thought a lot, I wrote a lot (prior to this blog) and I talked to friends who were going through similar situations. I had to change my thought process and give myself more confidence to realize that I am good enough.  It's still a work in progress, but I am working on it every day just as much as I am working on my weight loss.

I know some of this stuff may seem redundant, but I feel that it really is important for me to get this information out on how I have felt and how I have started to change myself.

XO

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!