Music and other things

First I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who read my blog yesterday! I was very nervous going "public" with this and it really made me feel so good. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and messages of encouragement, it means more than you will ever know. I know that I now cannot give up, I have to many people behind me stopping me from going back. It also showed me that I am not alone in this and that really helps.

Now, onto my post! I was thinking this morning on the way to work how music is such a big part of why I work out.  If I do not have good work out music on, I won't work as hard and I won't work out for as long. I have my "running" playlist on my iPhone and that is my favorite. It has all this upbeat fast paced music.  I really thought about it last night, when I am feeling unmotivated the music is what gets me ready to go.   My favorite music to work out to is usually rap (Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, Lil Wayne, Kanye) OR I also like the 80's hard rock (think GNR, Van Halen, Alice in Chains). Two very different genres, but it is what gets me going.   It makes me wonder, what is it about music that motivates you? Music means so much to me for so many different reasons, and this is just another reason to add on.  For example, I woke up this morning with a migraine and said "I know I am not going to be able to work out today" well I was on my way to work and had my iPhone plugged in and a song came on that just got me in the mood to go for a run. Now I can't say that at 6 o clock when I get home this feeling of motivation, but it helped me to feel better this morning.

My big challenge will be this weekend as it usually is and the big weigh in is tomorrow. I'm not holding out a lot of hope that I actually lost anything this week (I really don't feel it) but I am not going to let it get me down if I didn't. I'm going to weigh in and I'm going to measure as well. 

Anyway, have a wonderful Friday everyone!
KB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!