Why is image all that matters?

I am a funny, smart, sweet, interesting person. However, I often get down on myself and feel like I am no good because of how I look. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I am hideous or all that unfortunate looking, I just think that because of my weight I end looking at myself in a very negative light.

Why is it that someone like Gisele Bundchen is considered beautiful? I don't consider her all that pretty myself, but a lot of people think that she is just gorgeous. I think she looks like skin and bones. When did bones poking out (ribs, elbows etc.) be what young girls aspire to be? The famous people of the world can make you question yourself (I'm not thin enough? Pretty enough? Good enough?) why is that these are the people we want to be like?

In my opinion, instead of aspiring to be like Cameron Diaz, Jessica Biel or Kristen Stewart, we really should try to be like Mother Teresa who gave her entire life to helping others.  What a thought. To look up to someone for their actions of beauty instead of their personal beauty. I looked up the definition of Philanthropy and it means "love of humanity".This is a beautiful thing.

I have made the decision to lose weight to become healthy for myself, whether that puts me in the "thin" category or not doesn't necessarily matter. I try to be beautiful on the inside and that is what shows on the outside.

Thank you to Steph C. author of "The First 43" for inspiring this post. <3

Be good to each other.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!