Nutrition and changes

On my way to work this morning I was trying to decide what topics I would write about today (I usually have my entire post written before I even get to a computer), I decided that I would write about changing bodies and "growing into" nutrition. 

When I was growing up, I never thought of myself as thin. In high school, I always felt I could stand to lose 10-20 pounds. Even though I thought that I still ate Wendy's every day and full pizzas from Town Spa.  I didn't actually take myself seriously though until this year when my weight gain started to increase drastically.

I grew up in a time where you drank whole milk, kids drank soda constantly and you could eat as much as you wanted.  Well at least that's what it was like for me, I loved whole milk and could never understand why people would want to drink that watered down stuff. Ick. It wasn't until I moved out on my own that I started drinking skim and now 2%.  Granted, the only milk I drink is the very little I have with my coffee, but if I decided to have a glass of milk, it would be 2%. I know as a woman I should drink at least a glass of milk a day to keep my bones healthy but I do eat yogurt as well as loads of cheese. Anyway, getting off topic. As I have gotten older I have realized that I need to actually look at the nutrition labels of the things I am eating and drinking. That no, it is not OK to eat something that has 800 calories just because it's good.  I have cut down on chips and snacks (I still snack every now and then, if I cut them out completely I would go crazy) and when I do snack I keep aware of serving sizes.   I also try to snack on fruit or veggies instead of chips, which keeps me feeling healthy.

I also realized that there is a difference in how you feel, for example when you eat a meal from Wendy's you feel sluggish, bloated and lazy. However if you eat something full of fruit and veggies you feel energized and ready to go.  

On another note, I weighed myself this weekend and I lost 2 pounds! This will be 9.2 pounds total for me so far. Which is keeping me very motivated.  Now if I can only stay motivated enough to exercise.

That's next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!