Oh Vermont.

Bob, this one is for you.

So the husband and I went off to Vermont this weekend to visit a friend and participate in a beer pong tournament (don't judge, we made a donation to charity). As it turns out, I am not just a natural beer pong player, in fact I was probably the worst in the entire tournament. It's OK though, we had fun anyway. As you can guess, I drank a lot this weekend. However, I did not gain any weight. In fact, I actually lost half a pound.  I'll be honest, I was terrified that  going away and eating, drinking and being merry would undo all the hard work I've done. I was very relieved to see that the scale hadn't moved much.

While were up in Vermont, I started thinking about my goals with this whole "exercise/running thing" and while being n the fence about this for awhile, I decided that I am going to work my way up to a half marathon.  This actually scares the hell out of me, because that is a long way to run. I'm thinking that I will be ready for it next year (2014).  So I have a plan, I'll run the turkey trot in November and I probably won't run any more 5ks till the spring. Then in the spring I am going to sign up for a 10k, which I'm hoping that over the winter I will continue to train for daily. I will probably do a few 10ks over the spring and summer and then try and make the big leap to the half in Spring of 2014. I know how hard this is going to be, but this is something that I want to do so I can prove to myself that I can do this.  

And that's all I have for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!