How to get back in the groove.

Since I was on vacation last week I seemed to have fallen off the whole weight loss path.  Not to say that I haven't been thinking about it, but I have been eating things that I normally wouldn't want to eat because of a high calorie content.

My big realization that I had been losing a bit of my steam so to say was this morning when I put 4 packets of sugar in my coffee (when I usually drink either 2 or I have tea with nothing in it at all). In my head, I figured I just needed that extra jolt to get myself going this morning so what is it going to matter having 2 more packets than usual? Well it does matter. It is about 32 more calories than I normally have with breakfast. So now I have to be careful of what else I eat today and limit my. While I was putting the sugar in my coffee it hit me that it really wasn't as big of a deal to me as it should be to use 2 more packets of sugar.  Then I started thinking about my eating habits since I got back from Canada, I have been having a little extra of this and a little more of that and it's going to bite me in the butt eventually.

It stops today. I'm getting back to my routine and I'm going to follow my plan to the letter, like I was before.  I didn't weigh in last week because I was to nervous about what I was going to see on the scale. I will absolutely weigh in this Saturday and regardless of what it says, I won't let it deter me. I have 29 more pounds to lose and I have 9 more pounds to lose until I reach my second goal of 20 pounds. I want to lose this next 9 by Thanksgiving. While it'll be hard with things coming up, I think it is possible. 

I didn't get to do my workout last night, due to things getting in the way. Tonight there are no excuses though, I will get home at a reasonable time so I can do the Shred and I can then run on the treadmill. How can I say to myself I'm going to run a half Marathon in a year if I don't run at all? I have a friend, who is an amazing runner. He has run in many 5k,10ks and a few half Marathons. What I didn't know was that a few years ago, he couldn't run a mile. What an inspiration that is, to go from not being able to run a mile at all to being able to run in a half marathon. I have no doubt that he will eventually run the Boston marathon, no doubt at all. Fro me though, I'm sticking to my 10k goal and then my half goal.

Now for some not so weight loss related stuff:

I know that I write a lot about the same things and it might get boring sometimes to read (sorry about that!), but this blog keeps me inspired and keeps me motivated. This is what I look at on the days that I don't want to do this anymore (because there are many). I try to be as honest and as open as possible on this because this really is something for me. On the other side of that, I love having readers. When friends tell me they read my blog or they love it, it really helps me. I have always wanted to be a writer, always. When I was in 6th grade I wrote a essay that won an award and it was published in some book (I have no idea what book or even if it still exists).  So what I'm really trying to get at is, this is really something I have always wanted to do. To have my words read, even if it is only by one person, to me is an accomplishment. So, thank you readers and friends. Thank you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!