Now the real work begins

The past couple of weeks have been fun, vacation and eating whatever I want.. it's been lovely. However..it's all over now. Time to get back to reality, back to work and back to working out/eating healthy. I will be honest, this morning I did not want to get out of bed. My FitBit was buzzing away on my wrist, yelling at me to get up but all I wanted to do was just shut it off and go back to sleep. I got up though because I knew I would really regret it if I didn't. I got myself dressed and out the door by 4:30, was here by a little after 5 and running by 5:15. I wasn't sure how my body would do since I hadn't run in two weeks almost, I was prepared for the pain and suffering..but..it didn't come. I mean, the first big hill was tough, but it wasn't like before when my calves would scream at me to stop, I felt good. I am so thankful for my new sneakers! They are total lifesavers! I  stopped twice: Once at the bottom of the big hill on the way back to prepare to run up it again, then once when I had .20 left (I know, I know only .20 left why would I stop?!) to prepare to sprint for the last stretch. I finished with my 5th fastest time, not bad considering I had taken such a long break from running. Plus it felt good to be able to say that I had run the whole thing, no walking.  

Now I am working on getting back on track with my eating habits, this will be the tough part. I know that in order to run fast I have to eat well. Not rocket science. SO back on MFP, back to the counting calories.  No gimmicks, no excuses, no fads. just getting it done.   

On November 1st I am going to be doing the South Shore Half Marathon with some of the women from my MOMs group, now these ladies are awesome and are way faster than I am. So I'm looking forward to using their speed to motivate me so I can keep up with them during the race. My fastest mile is about 12 minutes or so, I'm looking to get down to at least 10 by race day, can I do it? Not sure, but it's a goal I'm going to be working towards. 

Here we go again :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!