"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."

I'm sitting here 3 pounds lighter than I was last week, I'm sitting here relishing in the fact that I'm actually DOING something and that I feel good about my body for the first time in awhile. Last week something kind of snapped in my head, it was like a slap in the face almost. I had to make a change, I've said this so many times before but I just can't explain it. So I decided to cut down on my gluten as well as dairy, this isn't for everyone and for someone with a serious love of cheese - this was not easy. I also was stuck with what I would have for breakfast, for so long I've been having yogurt/fruit/granola. So I of course hit up pinterest thinking all I would find is "you have to suffer and eat gross food". Well, that's not true. I found this great recipe for a "Banana pecan coconut bowl" and it is REALY good, it's like oatmeal without the oats. On other days I can have eggs AND I CAN HAVE BACON. Amazing. For lunch I have been having a salad with some type of protein and a light drizzling of dressing. Dinner was a bit more challenging because I'm not going to make my husband and son suffer ;) so I've been making two dinners a night -prepping them early so I am not working like crazy at night. It also helps that I'm using Tastefully Simple products (Which I can also use while cutting down on gluten!). So far so good. I actually have my dinner for tonight in the crockpot right now (sweet potato chili) and will prep my husband and sons dinner before I go pick him up after work.

Now I won't say this was easy, the first 3 days I was absolutely miserable, I had a massive headache - low energy and just overall blah. The third day was the worst, I really wanted to give up. I didn't though, I stayed strong and I ended up getting through it. This weekend I did have some pizza and a few glasses of wine, but I didn't let that totally derail me. Today I am feeling good - I have energy and I have noticed that I don't get those crazy sugar crashes either when I'm hungry (you know the shakes, cold sweats etc).

After I got my plan for my nutrition squared away, I wanted to start focusing on my fitness as well. With the push of a friend I joined a gym, this place is great - tons of equipment, classes etc. I went yesterday and did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then did legs. Boy, my legs were sore last night, but it was good! Today I'll go back around lunch time and do the treadmill and then work arms. Tonight I'm hoping to get to the 7:30 yoga class, but that depends on traffic etc. My goal is to do yoga Mon/Wed at 7:30 as well as a class on the weekends and go during my lunch during the week.

I have a plan that I feel really good about, I'm sure I'll have days where I take a step back but the idea is to keep going into the right direction. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!