Going to the gym is boring.

The gym can get really, really boring sometimes. No matter how many TVs they put in there, I can never get into any of the shows on there while I'm on the treadmill. How do you keep yourself entertained long enough to put in an hours worth of a work out? It feels impossible sometimes, it's why there are some nights where I Just don't want to go. I've started mixing up my playlists to try and get "pumped" about going to the gym.

Tonight, it just isn't working. How do I force myself to look forward to spending an hour of my day working out when it could be much better spent laying around..doing nothing. I look at my calories and realize that I only have 393 left for today, crap. I have to go. Either that or I skip dinner and skipping dinner is NOT happening. So, I must go.  I know that once I get there and get moving I will feel a lot better about it, I will be more motivated once I have my work out clothes on. Right now, it's just not happening. I wish my gym had classes, I'd love to take a spinning class or something along those lines.  I know that once I see the calories burned adding up, I will feel better.  I just know that I need to go, especially after eating like I did yesterday. I need to work off those bud lights that I had and the Klondike bar that I had. Yup. I also need to work off the wine and the delicious appetizers I had on Friday when I went out to eat. Yup.

After writing those things out and realizing how badly I do need to work out, I'm starting to feel a bit better. I have a lot going on towards the end of the week, so I have to get 3 intense workouts done for these few days. So, off to the gym I go. 

Comments

  1. I like to read trashy magazines while I run - I also always cover the time so I don't see how long I've gone for.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!