Me? Lift weights? You can't be serious.

For as long as I can remember I have had a certain routine when I go to the gym. I jump on the treadmill for about 40 minutes, then I move on to the circuit machines. This has been what I have done for as long as I have been going to the gym. Didn't matter which gym I was in, I had my routine.

Well, today the routine is about to change. I'm not seeing as much change in my body as I'd like and it's become clear to me that I have to change my workout routine and that maybe, just maybe all those trainers are right. Cardio isn't everything.  Sure, it helps you burn calories but what about building muscle? How are you doing that ( Other then in your legs, because when I start to run my legs start to look wider).  I talked to a friend awhile ago and he suggested Bodybuilding.com he had started doing it and had been getting results. I had said I was going to start and had the full intentions to, until I got to the gym. I shyly went over to the weight lifting area and quickly ran away. Seeing all those guys lifting weights and being super intense definitely intimidates me. I didn't want everyone to look at me and say "ha! she has no clue what she is doing!" so, I kept on with my cardio. Until now, now the system has to change. I'm not trying to get "ripped" I'm just trying to have tone and definition in my body so that as I lose weight, I am proud of how I look.

So, here we go. I am really sore from two straight days of running like a maniac on the treadmill, so I'm taking a break and heading to the weights section of my gym. I know that I'll still be intimidated and I'm going to be a bit nervous for the first few weeks I do it, but I'm doing this for me so who cares what the other "meatheads" think ;).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!