Why is support so important?

I survived the Blizzard of 2013! Hooray! We had quite the awful snowstorm here in MA and a lot of people are still without power in many areas. It's a scary situation to be in, so I am very thankful that we were able to stay warm during the storm. 

Today I decided to write a little bit about why support is so important when you are trying to lose weight. Since the beginning of this journey I have said that I am doing it for myself. Which, I am. Mostly. I can't say that I'm not doing it for my husband at all, because I am doing it for him, even if it's only a small part of why I am doing it. I am also doing it for my future children, if I had continued on with the way I was, by the time I had kids I would have weighed over 200 pounds. For me, that's a scary thought. I have been successful with this because of the support I have gotten. My husband, my family and my friends have been there for me, like my own personal cheering squad. Every time I want to give in and say it's to difficult, I think of them and to be honest I think of this blog. How would it look if I just gave up one day? If I just stopped writing? Not great at all. I would be letting myself and a lot of people down. Not that I think a lot of people actually read this, but it helps me sometimes to think they do. It is part of my support system, which has really been so key in why I have been able to continue to succeed.  Some days I can't stand the thought of counting calories, but I do it anyway. Some days I feel like I can't work out, which in the past I have just given in to my excuses and gone home after work. Not anymore. I don't think he realizes it, but my husband has played a very large role in this lately. He has been asking me every morning if I'm going to the gym after work, which I always say yes to and then I realize "crap. I have to go now. I can't say I am and not go" so I end up going. Then, I feel great afterwards, thank you endorphins and thank you husband.

MFP has also been a huge supporter, just the site itself. I have quite the streak going (160 days to be exact) of logging in. I have now become determined to get to 200 and eventually a full year. At times I would just give in on the weekends and forget about counting calories or anything like that. Now, I'm continuing to count calories on the weekends (even if I'm not eating so great, I'm still logging it) and if I can, exercising.

Another huge supporter is the people that have been complimenting me on my weight loss. It feels awesome and it puts me in a great mood when someone says "You have really lost weight!". It is probably the best feeling in the world for me right now. To know that I have been working so hard and it has actually paid off, is just incredible. Especially when it comes from the people who mean the most to me, I almost get teary eyed. I know, what a sap. I've finally gotten to the point where I am not ashamed to see people I haven't seen in awhile, I get excited. A lot of them look at me with a little bit of shock (I think at the fact that I have lost the weight equivalent with a toddler) and then a smile. It makes me feel great.

Support comes from all different places and different ways. It's not just someone saying "you can do this" because honestly sometimes that's not enough. It's all the people who are there every step of the way, who are helping you and encouraging you. The ones who won't let you fail and are there when you fall down to pick you back up.

So, thank you all of you who have been there for me. Thank you.,

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!