15 days in

I passed the two week mark yesterday, two weeks straight of doing some type of workout and trying my best to watch what I eat. If I'm being honest, I really really did not want to get out of bed this morning. I tried so hard to talk myself out of it and to just give myself "5 more minutes" but I knew if I did that, I'd start the ball rolling down that slow decline. I didn't go to the gym this weekend, but I did get my workouts in. Saturday was supposed to be my rest day but I spent most of it cleaning my house and still hit my 10k steps. Yesterday I went for an outside run/walk because it was beautiful out and then we took our son to the zoo, I think I ended the day with 14k steps. So today I knew if I didn't go to the gym, I would have no other chance to work out today and I wouldn't do anything. SO off I went, even when I was driving there, I tried talking myself out of it, I kept saying "I can just do a half hour on the elliptical". Well I got there and got on the elliptical and 25 minutes in I really wanted to stop. I had 20 minutes left and just wasn't into it at all, but instead I kept going and gave myself a few challenges. I said to myself: If I can get to 400 calories burned, I'll be happy, once I hit that I said: If I can get to 4 miles, I'll be happy. So in the end, I spent 48 minutes on the elliptical and burned 450 calories and 4.5 miles. It wasn't the best workout I've ever done, but I did it and I'm proud.  Moral of the story: always always always get up and do the workout. You won't regret it. Promise.

The other side of this is my eating, which admittedly I struggle with. I'm not giving myself too hard of a time because I know this is a process and if I start restricting myself and eating only salads or whatever I'll just fail big time. So I'm here trying to make good choices, but understanding that bad days happen.

I also found out over the weekend that my thyroid is a bit out of wack which explains so many things, when my thyroid isn't working right I am extremely lethargic and tired. I gain tons of weight and I am moody, this all happened but I didn't think this was the case - I just figured I was gaining weight. So I'm going to get my thyroid back on track with some adjusted meds and then I should see some results. After all, health is the number one thing here, right?

Lifting day tomorrow :-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!