Total Reset

So. I've sucked. The past month and a half have been really bad. I've gained..20 pounds. I'm so ashamed to admit that out loud. I saw pictures of myself from a girlfriend's bachelorette and honestly was ashamed of what I looked like. It was then that my switch went off, I can't keep doing this anymore, I can't keep starting over. I have to start and just keep f'ing going.

That being said, I decided to reach out to my FaceBook for help, I have a few guy friends that are consistent gym goers and offered to help me. This is good. These are the guys who will kick my ass (not literally of course) if I skip a day and text me at 5:00 am to make sure I'm out of bed. I've told my husband I'm not allowed to sleep in anymore, usually I just stay in bed after he gets up at 5:20. Now I'm up and out of the house before he wakes up and this has to be every day. I have to build it into a routine so that it becomes natural.

I haven't really been running so my 10k training just went out the window, I'm working on it now though. I will finish that 10k in a month whether I'm fully trained or not. I'm also including lifting in my routine - I downloaded an app called "fitbod" that gives you daily workouts as well as shows you what to do. This is great for me because honestly I have no idea what the F I'm doing on that side of the gym, that and I'm incredibly intimidated by it - and I'm not someone that gets intimidated easily. But I'm just going to say screw it. I have just as much of a right to be here as the people that can lift 400 pounds. I'm excited because I've always wanted to lift, I was just too self conscious to do it. My gym buddy will push me to that side of the gym whether I like it or not.

Then the most important part - the eating. UGH. I've been eating like complete and utter SHIT and just not caring. I FEEL so unhealthy and almost like I'm coming out of a fog here. So I'm starting early in the week to prepare for the following week, then do meal prep on Sundays (or saturdays) so lunches/snacks/dinners are ready to go. No excuses if it's all there. It's late spring so the farm stands should be opening up soon which means fresh amazing vegetables! I have a big thing of trail mix - no chocolate/unsalted that I've been munching on and I've got a bunch of recipes queued up to try. Also going to be logging again - that's the only way for me to stay on track.

So here we go. I do well when I challenge myself so here are my challenges for the next 100 days
- Go to the gym every day. This means weekends/holidays..every day. I know that we all need a rest day and I'm planning for that. My gym has an open area that if there aren't classes in you can use so I'm planning on using that as a yoga/stretch area on my "Rest" days as well as walking on the treadmill for those days.
- Log all food. Even on my days that I don't eat so well
- Have a vegetable with every meal - even if this means a piece of celery with PB on it just to get the vegetable in.
- Drink 100 oz of water a day. This is my happy amount of water - when I drink this much I don't feel as yucky.
-No drinking during the week. Yes this means wine :(

So here is my plan all laid out, I know it's a lot. I know that I'm taking on a lot but here's the thing: if I look at it as: it's 100 days.  I can do 100 days. Then at the end of the 100 days, it's a routine and I can move onto the next 100 days and so on and so forth.


Being in the gym is my time, I'm not worried and stressed out when I'm there, I'm focused on myself. Focused on making myself feel better and I have to look at it as a reward, not a punishment. Going to the gym and working out is my reward for working so hard and being a good wife/mom/employee etc.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!