A time to heal

I have Hypothyroidism, I know I've talked about it effecting my weight before, but I haven't really gone too deep into what this really means for me. It means I feel tired ( and I don't mean just yawn tired..I mean like head numbing tired)and miserable all of the time, have anxiety/depression, my body aches, I can't concentrate, I forget things, my hair falls out.. the list goes on. It's been really difficult - especially lately. I've almost always been on medication for this and lately I feel like that's been just a band-aid for me, a band-aid that even though the tests are showing is helping - it's really not helping how I feel. So I started to dig deeper into the cause and what I can do to help myself, I don't really want to live like this anymore. There has to be a better way and something that will help some of my symptoms and help my body feel better and maybe even help me lose weight! So I am going to be starting an elimination diet/Autoimmune protocol. From what I've read, this can go for 30 days to a whole year, depending on your body. You will start to feel better and then you can start slowly reintroducing foods into your diet to see which ones are the culprits.

What is the elimination/AIP diet? So basically you avoid: Dairy (bye cheese :( ), Caffeine/Alcohol (bye coffee and wine :( ), Gluten, Nightshade vegetables, Soy, Legumes, Citrus Fruits and hydrogenated oils. I don't necessarily think I have an allergy to these things, but I think it could be some things that I have a sensitivity to because of my thyroid issues. It's going to be really, really hard for me but I am honestly sick of feeling this way. I'm not sure if I'll start it this week or next, but it'll be coming up. I'm sure that during this I'll be a real peach to be around ;)

So there's my plan, I'll update when I'm ready to start and start sharing my meal plans etc. as well. Fingers crossed that this helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!