Improving!

I haven't blogged in awhile, mainly because I've been busy with work/home life but I'm back! A few weeks ago I started really cutting down on my gluten and my dairy, just to see if that would have an effect on how I was feeling. Don't get me wrong, I really want to lose weight but I also just want to feel better, I've been quite miserable for awhile now with how I'm feeling so I needed to change something. I knew if I just dove right in head first, I'd probably give up within the first week, so I started slowly. It's been tough and there's been some headaches, tears and I've definitely gone off the wagon a few times but it's been helping. So far I've lost 6 pounds! Not only have I been losing weight but I've been feeling better and that's the drive that keeps me going. I'm adding a lot more vegetables into my diet and trying things I've never had before: Coconut yogurt for example, not coconut flavored yogurt but actual dairy free coconut yogurt. Surprisingly, it's REALLY good and I actually think I like it better than regular yogurt! Also having a lot of sweet potatoes and mushrooms, these are two of my favorite foods so this wasn't a hard adjustment, I love potatoes but when sweet potatoes are made the right way - they are even better (ok just let me believe that one..). I have a few books that I've been reading and using recipes from which has really helped me stay on track too.

For the exercise part of this..well that isn't going so great. I didn't want to throw myself all into it and fail so I figured I'd focus on my nutrition first - then I'll move onto my exercise. I was planning on it this week but my back had other plans. So taking a break for a few days until my back heals and then back at it.

So there's my update for today! I'm thinking of starting a FB group to help keep me focused and share recipes GF/DF etc. as well as weekly challenges, I'm in a few but I feel like running one would really help! Let me know if anyone is interested!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Going to the gym is boring.