Small victories

I haven't written much lately because quite honestly I've been feeling pretty down about my knee situation. I didn't want to put up a front and fake it, so I just decided not to write. It sucks because I want to run so badly and my knee actually is starting to feel better, but I know that I just can't do that right now. Very discouraging. So I really haven't been paying much attention to my weight etc. this morning I realized I had to weigh myself, I'm doing a challenge at work and you need to submit your weight. Well, before I left the house I weighed in. Turns out I actually lost a pound! Hooray! Through it all I've still been keeping myself in check food wise and eating less/better choices.  Seems to be working! This is a victory for me because I am now in the 170s, which yes is not anywhere near where I want to be, but it is one step closer. I am 7 pounds away from where I was when I completely changed my lifestyle 2 years ago. I feel like once I can hit that number, I will feel a lot more confident. I will feel more assured in what I am doing, I don't know why and I know how unhealthy it is to hinge your feelings on your weight, but right now I am taking what I can get and working towards my goal. Slowly but surely I will get there. 

I have also completely cut soda out of my diet. No more buying it when I'm out either, when I find that I have an urge to get one I have been getting polar seltzer instead. It usually curbs the craving and eventually it goes away. I've drastically cut down on the amount of snacks I'm eating during the day (though I do have to work on my chocolate craving at 2pm!) and that is also helping. Small changes.

Just one foot in front of the other...and soon you'll be walking out the door.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!