Back to where I started..originally

This morning I decided for some crazy reason that I should weigh myself, I hadn't really wanted to on Friday because I just didn't think I could face the scale. So, before I left for the gym I stepped on the scale and was incredibly surprised, I was down to 171.4. I hadn't been working out very much, but I also haven't been eating much either so I guess it all balanced out. After weighing myself I realized that I am finally  back to where I started 2.5 years ago.  I remember thinking how awful I felt when I weighed this back then and how ashamed I was. My, my how times have changed. I started this whole journey with a goal weight in mind and got to within 15 pounds of it. Now, 2 years ago at this time, I weighed 140 pounds (or around there, I can't remember exactly) and had just bought a house. unknown to me, I was also pregnant (though I wouldn't find out until March 29th). During my pregnancy I put on a ridiculous amount of weight and not just the amount of weight a pregnant lady is supposed to put on.  I rationalized when I was pregnant and used the baby as an excuse to eat..and eat...and eat...oh and eat some more. I gave into every sweet, fried and cheesy craving I had and I don't really think a vegetable really passed my lips the entire 9.5 months. Now here I am 15 months past having a baby and I'm only 20 pounds less than I was when I had him. Being pregnant and having my son is something I would never change, not for a second. However, I will keep in mind how to be reasonable with the next baby I have (not for a few years) and that I can say No to certain foods and I can continue to work out. I'm not putting myself down, so please don't think that, this is just me remembering that I made a mistake in over indulging during my pregnancy and for the last few months I haven't really owned that. So, I'm owning it now and making a change.

Now, onto other things. I worked out this morning and I actually ran (well jogged) for 12 minutes straight, without stopping. This is the first time I've done this in over a year and a half and it felt good. Granted, I had a total tomato face for about an hour and a half after..but that's something I'm proud of and it's progress. 

So now we are heading onward and upward from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!