It's been awhile!

So I haven't really posted much lately because I really haven't been sure what to post. I haven't been working out (I know..) but I have been making some changes and adjustments! I'll hopefully start posting more as time goes on and hopefully can get back into the wonderful world of exercise, truth be told I do miss it..Stay tuned for that though.

One of the major changes I've made has been to very much cut down on my gluten/carbs intake. I really didn't do this for the weight loss benefits, but more the health benefits (though weight loss IS a perk). I had been feeling very sick like for the past few weeks, just so tired and a constant headache. I couldn't figure it out, did I have a virus? No, wouldn't last that long. Was I not sleeping well? Nope getting about 6-7 hours a night (which is the norm for me lately). I was just so sick of feeling..so sick! I had done a lot of reading about Hypothyroidism and what helps/hurts it and it seems that gluten is a BIG trigger for it. My symptoms that I was experiencing were very similar to how I feel when my thyroid levels were out of control so I knew that was an issue and I really didn't want to go get bloodwork done and have them up my medicine again (I'm already on a fairly high dose). So, I told myself I'd try this and if it didn't work I'd go to the doctor and deal with that.  This was about 2 weeks ago now, when I first started I knew that I wouldn't be able to cut it out of my diet completely, but cutting it down would be a good way to start. So during the day, I went gluten free.. and then for dinner I had a modest meal and tried not to go overboard. Now let me tell you, I LOVE my carbs in the morning. A bagel for breakfast? Yes.  Fruit wasn't a breakfast to me. I've been having boiled eggs, GF oatmeal or a glass of Kefir. Within the first 2 days I had energy again, I didn't feel awful by the end of the day and I knew that I was making a good change. I just felt good. I wasn't sitting on the couch watching my son play because I was so tired, I was actually playing with him.  I was nervous for last week since I was traveling for work, I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep it up. Well I was able to continue for the most part! The only break I had was Wednesday, I had a bagel at Penn Station because I didn't see the healthy food options and I was just so tired by the time I got home I had whatever I could for lunch (lame I know).  Over the weekend we had my son's 2nd Birthday party, but I didn't have a piece of cake! I thought that was a win and barely ate during the party (too busy!). I did have a large dinner that night and some of his Halloween candy, but I still consider it a win!  So far this has been a really great experience and I'm planning on continuing. I've lost 4 pounds so far and the weight isn't so much a concern to me, it's more the way I feel. The holidays will be tough, but I'm just taking it in stride. It feels good to feel..good!

For the fitness side of it, ah, this is tough. I think that once I finished C25K I kind of lost my drive for running and haven't been able to find it again. I'm looking to try something new, because I haven't found any work out that's really energized me yet or that I've loved. I have a few friends that take a fitness class in town that swear by it, it's just a matter of actually getting there! My company pays a good chunk for fitness reimbursement, so that shouldn't be an excuse either! I've been really considering crossfit, I'd just want to find someplace closer to work so I can get it done early in the morning before work. I'll figure it out eventually!

Anyway, I suppose that is enough rambling for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!