My own challenge

I had a revelation of sorts today, I stepped on the scale, shook my head and stepped off. I was frustrated with it, I hate those numbers. I started thinking about it and remembering to some of my friends who had been talking about leaving the scale out of the equation and how it has helped them. I've been obsessed with the scale for as far back as I remember, the numbers meant two things to me: Fat or skinny. Happy or sad. So I started thinking of the best way to help myself and to get where I want to be and I decided to challenge myself. I've been in multiple challenge groups over the past two years and they just don't work for me. I decided to give myself a challenge instead and obviously my blog is where I'll hold myself accountable as I've done for so long. 

So, here's my challenge: 

1.)No scale for 1 month, I will not look at the scale until May 7th. This will be hard for me, the scale is a habit and I feel like I NEED it to validate my success or failure (which is precisely why I need to do this). 

2.) Keep true to MFP. Log all my food, accurately. Instead of estimating whether something is a serving or not, actually counting it and weighing it. Stay close to under calorie for 30 days at least. I'll have splurge days, but as long as they aren't too frequent I should be good! 

3.) Work out for at least 25 days. This will be tough, it means waking up early every day and getting a work out in. 

4.) Meditate for 10 minutes a day. So this is not necessarily a "fitness" health goal but more of a mind goal. I've felt myself getting very anxious, frustrated and moody lately, I feel like this will help.

5.) Drink water. Drinking water is something I do every day anyways, but I mean by this, drink TONS of water. I always feel better when I am hydrated so this is a good goal to have.

Well that is my challenge for the next 30 days! I'll check in here every few days to update on my progress and then of course do a blog post at the end to sum up my experience..and then in these 30 days also come up with a plan for the NEXT 30 days and so on and so forth. This challenge will be difficult for me because on top of my regular day to day busy life, we're also in the process of getting ready for a big move. So at the end of these 30 days, I won't even be living in the same town! 

I'm going to give it all that I've got and see what happens! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!