Keep it movin'

Day... 18? I think? of this challenge I'm doing and so far so good. I've had some missteps, sure, but I'm still doing very well.  I'm still logging everything and making sure my food diary matches what I'm actually eating and weighing/measuring mostly everything. I think that when I weigh in, in 12 days I will be happy with my results. Pants are looser, so that's great! It's such a nice feeling to actually have clothes to wear and not just be restricted to one pair of work pants that kind of fits!  So that's the update on the challenge. 

I haven't been running nearly as much as I should be, the reason is super lame. I've been afraid of running for the full 30 minutes, I know, I know.. eye roll. Hear me out though, last year I did this program and then once I got to this point.. I just kind of..stopped. After I finished C25K (for like the 4th time) I didn't continue my training because I just didn't want to put the effort into training for the 10k. Well today I am officially a C25K graduate (again) and tomorrow begins week 9 of the C210K program which is training for the 10k. Which means running for A FULL HOUR. Insanity. I know I can do this, it's just a matter of working on my mindset. There was a time when I thought running for 30 minutes was impossible and I did that this morning. Speaking of.. I'll do a quick recap of my run from this morning too, I think it's important to touch on that because it really was a big deal for me. 

Last night I really was working on myself and saying "you need to do this!" to prepare for today. I used my foam roller (which I haven't used in MONTHS) and stretched out my calves/shins/IT band. I felt loose when I woke up this morning and that is always a good sign. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to run outside (they are doing construction on my usual route) or if I should do the dreadmill. The thought of running for 30 minutes on that machine gave me anxiety, so I decided to take my chances outside. I set off and after my 5 minute warm up, I took a left at the end of the street. This led me up a MASSIVE HILL, I have to take a picture of this hill someday because it is basically vertical. AWFUL way to start my run, but it was either that or dodge barrels, cones and dug up concrete. I got up the hill (barely) and going down the other side felt AMAZING. I slowed myself down and got control of my breathing again, my legs felt GREAT too (sorry for all the shouty caps). I got through the first half with only having to stop for about 10 seconds to try and cross the street (safety first people, even at 5am). So I got to the end of the street went a little further and then turned around. I was working my way back and realized I was going to have to go up that hill again.running. SonofaB.  So I got to the street before the big hill and stopped for about 30 seconds, I did this for a few reasons, one I needed to psych myself up and two, I just wanted to prepare and not stop going up. I had about 2 minutes left in my run but I knew if I didn't just get ready for it I wouldn't be able to do it. So I got started again and went up, up, up. Cursing whoever it is that created this damn hill..cursing the sun..cursing the wind..cursing just about everything you could think of...then I was at the top. I took a quick look behind me at the sunrise (gorgeous) and then went downhill, this was much more fun. I even ran for an extra minute to make up for the time when I stopped. I felt good and I wasn't struggling to catch my breath, I had a good sweat going and my face was beet red but I felt good. All in all it was 3.20 miles that I did this morning (including warm up and cool down). I did a 5k in about 35 minutes which is wayy better than I've done in the past, I'm still working on it though. Regardless of all that, I got past my doubt and frustration and did what I had to do. Now as Jay-Z says..On to the next one.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!