Portion Control is my enemy.

I grew up as a member of the clean plate club and usually that plate had a lot more than the recommended serving size and if you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I love to eat. I can eat an entire large pizza on my own (and have), whole pint of ice cream? yep. Large fries (hell yes). If something tastes good I have a bottomless pit for a stomach. Doesn't really apply to the healthy and good for you stuff. Why go back for seconds on the green veggies if you can have more mashed potatoes or french fries? 

Portion control is my biggest battle, I just can't seem to get it down. I try to chew slowly, but still I want more when I'm done, even when I'm full. It's been such a mind game to work it out in my head. I did the 21 day fix awhile back and sure it was great and helped a bit, but the containers didn't work that great for me when it came to dinner with my family and I just couldn't have that much forethought to actually measure things out etc. I'm lazy. I admit it. SO. I've been looking online for ways to help with my portion control issues, I found a few things: something that can go over your plate and you just use that as well as an actual plate you can use. I'm thinking about getting both, the plate for use at home and the other tool to  bring out with me (yes I'll be the weird lady portioning out in the restaurant..). So hopefully that helps, to actually see on my plate that "This is all you can eat" and stop there. 

I've been really up and down lately with my weight loss and my focus, I keep saying "I'll figure it out tomorrow" but as you all know by now, tomorrow is always a day away. I keep making the excuses for it and I keep backing up my excuses. With that, I just get thrown off. I knew that working from home was going to be somewhat of an adjustment, just didn't realize what a toll it would take on me. Anyways. I didn't run the past weekend because my hubby was away, I didn't run this morning but I AM going to run tomorrow morning (whether I like it or not) and I AM going to do some of my workouts tonight so that I can get at least SOMETHING done. I'm thinking of doing a 5k tomorrow, just to prove to myself that I can do it. My 10k training has been rough, I'm not sure what it is but something about the 15 minutes/walk for 1/15 minutes/walk for 1 is screwing me all up. My pace is great to start and then the second interval I just die. So hopefully I can stay on pace tomorrow and complete a 5k. As much as I love working out my legs on those hills, I think I'll venture out of my neighborhood and run on flat ground for the majority tomorrow.  I mentally just need to complete something and I think doing the 5k will help with being discouraged. I also need some new running sneakers, mine are getting a bit worse for wear right now, which I'm sure has something to do with my running being thrown off. 

So the other side of this is that I'm going to do another 30 day challenge with myself. I'm challenging myself to lose 4lbs in 30 days (totally doable!) I had said I was going to do that before and it all just went to the wayside. So for 30 days here is what I will do:
- Run 3 times per week
- Do cross training exercises at least 5 times per week 
- Log all food (This is a very important one!!)
- Eat veggies with each meal (tough one!)
- Drink 3 large nalgene bottles a day (hydration people!)

So 30 days from today is July 6th, hopefully I will be down to only 20lbs left!      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!