The Nutritionist

If you've been reading along, you may remember that awhile back I made an appointment to see a Nutritionist, well that appointment was on Friday. It was really interesting to say the least and very eye opening. I had talked to a friend before going and knew somewhat of what I should expect. I'll try to break down the visit as best I can.

So the first thing we she did was just of course ask me why I was there and about my current eating habits. I told her I'm looking to lose the last 25 pounds and get back to pre baby weight but being healthier and to change my habits - for life. I also mentioned that I'm an emotional eater, stress makes me eat. She was not concerned with my calories, but more my balance of what I was eating. Makes sense. She also helped me see that I've really been depriving myself of things that are part of a BALANCED diet. The key word there is balanced, I eat a lot of starch (duh potatoes) and a lot of sugar but not a lot of natural sugar which is where my problem lies. She really thinks that if I can get myself balanced, I'll be feeling A LOT better and the weight will start to slide off a bit. 

So, from there she gave me some tools to use. The first was a journal with not only calories but how hungry I am, what I'm doing when eating,who I'm with, where I'm eating and how I feel. I think this will be more eye opening than just entering what I'm eating. Gives a snapshot of my reasons for eating. She also gave me examples of balanced meals and suggestions of what to eat, which will be helpful for me since I really am a visual learner. Then a grocery list of 100% real and clean food, super helpful. The last was "smart snacking for the athlete" which explains when and how much you should be eating as an "Athlete" I put that in quotes because I do not consider myself an athlete, someone who exercises, a runner, sure. But not an athlete ha. 

 Another chapter in this whole journey of being healthy, I feel more comfortable now. She also told me that I CAN have the things that I love (like cheese, cookies, etc.) I just have to limit myself to maybe 100 calories a day of that stuff and if there is something that I just cannot control myself around, that is the thing I should consider "breaking up" with. 

Lots to think about, lots to adjust, but I'm happy about it.After all, being healthy is the name of the game!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!