Another year older, another year wiser.

I am now 27. Hm. Strange, doesn't feel any different than 26 did...or 25 for that matter. Why is it that every year, I always expect to feel so much wiser and more prepared on my Birthday? Who knows. Maybe it's in that thinking as I get older I will grow wiser, has not happened yet.

Things I have learned:
-People will always talk, no matter what you are doing or saying..someone, somewhere will not like it.
-It is nearly impossible to be happy with your entire life. There is something that you will always find fault with, it's the nature of the beast.
-I like coffee with very little skim milk, blisteringly hot and with 3 sugars. Much different than when I was 21 and drank it with WHOLE milk and 6 sugars. Blech. what was wrong with me? Why even drink coffee?
-Love is the most amazing feeling in the world. It truly is, to know that someone is willing to put up with your shit enough to want to stay with you forever is pretty amazing.
-LovING someone is amazing too..this is knowing that you love someone so much that YOU are willing to put up with their shit enough to want to stay with them forever is pretty impressive as well.
-Running sucks. I don't know how these people say they get this "running high".  No, no my friend, that is just oxygen escaping your body giving you the false impression that you actually feel good, when you might be dying.
- I hate grammar, I hate having to be so conscious of it and I also hate when people are so atrocious with their grammar that it huts my eyes. Overall, I hate grammar.
-Sleeping is magical. How the F did I not enjoy naptime when I was little? What the hell did I think I was missing while sleeping?! When I have a child I am going to tell it, "You want to sleep. sleep is the best thing ever, because when you are old..you will never get enough of it."

More of this list to come at a later time.

Now we move on to what I hope to accomplish in the next 364 days:
-I want to TRY and enjoy running. I know I said above that it sucks, but sadly it's the only exercise I can actually force myself to do. Ok. ready. I'm going to run every other day.
-I want to get myself to a HEALTHY weight that I can be HAPPY at. I am not going to say to myself "I'm going to be 120 pounds by 8/27/13!" Because let's face it, that is never going to happen.  If I ever weigh 120 pounds, I will be deathly ill..or already dead. My body is just not built to be 120 pounds,  I am ACTUALLY big boned. When people say "Oh She's not fat, she's just big boned" they are talking about people like me. I have wide wrists, hips, waist and legs. It just is how it is.  So in order to get to a healthy weight, I will start small, 10 pounds. Sounds really small, doesn't it? It's actually a lot for someone like me. Let's say 10 pounds by November. That should be doable..right? Right?!
-I am going to start trying to look at the "big picture". I tend to look at thing in small scales, I need to look at the reason people are doing things, and not think that they are doing them just to tick me off.
-I am going to try and let things (and people) go.  I have held on to certain opinions and certain thoughts of certain people for to damn long. I need to get them out of my head and out of my life, for good.  

Anyway, if you made it through this incredibly long post, kudos to you. Go buy yourself a cookie..and buy another one and eat it for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!