Small accomplishments make a big difference.

Yesterday I started doing C25K over again with a friend, it felt good to do it with someone.  We started out slow as my friend hasn't ran like this before, so I didn't want to overwhelm her. She did great! I remember how hard it was for me when I first started, that minute of jogging seriously felt like it went on forever.  Doing that made me think about how far I've come, I used to not even think about running a mile, now I strive for it.   It made me so proud of myself to remember how out of shape I was, and how much it really hurt to run before. I have come so far, and for that I am proud. However, I know I still have a long way to go. I don't think I will ever been one of those people who can run a 9 minute mile. Maybe not even a ten minute mile, but that's ok.

After I finished a delicious dinner and a piece of cake (hey a girl needs sweets every now and then) I decided to go for another run. I was thinking when I started "I'll just do ten minutes" well I ended up doing  37 minutes on the treadmill and running 3.10 miles. Yup I did a 5k last night! My best time yet, I think. I know it's not that big of a deal to some people, especially since I just started doing it again but to me it's a small miracle. My mind is what works against me when I am running, I think "I can't do this anymore it hurts to much" but then I try to think about the people that would give anything to run like I am right now, or the people that are fighting for their lives and are in more pain than I can imagine. Then I run some more.  You know what? I didn't die, I wasn't in pain after. I was fine. Tired and a sweaty beast, but fine and I felt damn good.

That's all she wrote folks. XO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!