I am lazy..well..kinda.

Usually when I am talking to people about my workout schedule and what it consists of people usually say this to me: "Wow, how do you get up so early?!"  "I could never do that". Well...here's the God's honest truth for you all of why I get up so early: I am lazy. Now I know, getting up at 4:30 (or 4:25 because minutes count when it's that early, folks) is not the definition of lazy. The reason I am lazy is because I pack my gym bag every night with everything I will need for the next day and leave it downstairs in the kitchen so I'm not stumbling around my dark bedroom and waking my entire house up. So for me to wake up at 4:30 and decide "meh, I'll skip today" and go back to sleep means that I get maaaaybe 20 minutes extra of sleep (in which case I will probably wake up more tired than I already am) and then have to go downstairs get my bag and get ready at home and then leave later than usual and fight an hours worth of traffic. If I suck it up and just go, I skip all the traffic arrive at work in my yoga pants and work out attire, work out and then shower etc. It's just so much easier to get up that early, the roads are quiet, there's no one out and I get to see the sun rise every morning.  It is so worth waking up early and having to get to bed a bit earlier.


This morning I got back to cardio, I had taken some time off of cardio and decided to try my hand at weights. I know weights are necessary but, they just aren't for me, when I lift weights I feel like my work out is so disjointed "12 reps" rest for 1 minute and repeat. At least with cardio I'm going somewhere and moving all the time. I've been trying to really incorporate weights into my workout but I'm having a hard time with it. I keep working on it though because I know for me to be "balanced" like my trainer said, I need to do weights at least twice a week (preferably more she had said but, let's not push it). Anyway, back to my run this morning, well it was more like a half wobble/walk/jog but it was something. By the end I may have seen the light and wanted to run towards it (carolanne..come to the light....) but I pushed through and survived. The worst part for me is there is this beast of a hill that I just despise. If I could kick a hill in the face, I would kick this one as hard as I could cause damnit, it's hard.  It's at the end of my run too so it's not like the beginning when I'm fresh and all "I can do this yo!" it's more "Oh. Nope. That is NOT happening. There is no way in hell that you are going up that hill..wait a minute..No. stop. don't you dare.. ugh..fine..well I'm almost there..at least if I die I'm on the main road and people will find me..ok not able to breathe.. this sucks..legs hurt..I may actually be dying..seriously. MY LUNGS...MYLEGSSSSS..I HATE YOU HILL GO TO HILL HELL!!!..Oh..I'm at the top..that wasn't so bad..High five!  " <-Actual conversation I have with myself in the morning. Needless to say this hill is my nemesis, but every day I push through and somehow climb it and walk back down. So what if I'm a bit dramatic over it ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!