Not eating enough can hinder your weight loss

How often are we told that you should eat less to lose weight? While this may be true, I take it with a grain of salt. Now, I'm not saying that eating 5 thousand calories a day is OK, I'm saying that maybe eating 1200 is not enough.

When you start with MyFitnessPal they give everyone the same amount of calories, 1200. Keeping in that range, I have lost 16 pounds, but I am thinking that my weight loss is starting to slow down because I am not eating enough. I have gone to a few different websites and they say that I should be consuming at least 1500 calories a day to lose weight. A couple websites told me I should be eating at least 2,000, but 1500 seems to be the magic number. So I'm going to try that, with hopes that it will jump start my metabolism and I will feel like I am losing again. I've also started eating protein with every snack, per the suggestion of one of my faithful readers (thanks :) ) and that has helped a lot. In addition to that having a bigger breakfast keeps me fuller longer so I am not dying to eat at 10AM after eating at 8:30.

Something I want to make clear is that this is an ever changing process. I can't possibly expect to keep doing the same things over the course of the year and expect to continue to lose. My body is changing and my nutritional needs are changing as well, I've been doing quite a bit of reading to try and understand my body and what I need to do. There's a lot of GOOD information out there if you look for it. Of course no one really can tell you exactly what you need  other than yourself. Let's face it, at the end of the day you are the one who knows your body best.  Some days I NEED a piece of chocolate.. so I have a piece of chocolate.  I'm going to turn my attitude around, I've been feeling so resentful of my body lately.  With a negative attitude I will not get anywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!