5K, one more pound and more!

Happy Monday after Thanksgiving all! I hope you all had a lovely holiday and ate lots of delicious food!

My Thanksgiving was great, it started off with my Turkey Trot 5k. I felt good about doing this 5k because 70% of the proceeds go to the local food bank. However, I knew starting the race I wasn't going to do well. I hadn't trained in over 2 months and I just knew I was going to come in at 40-45 minutes. I think that this mindset really helped take the pressure off, which in turn helped me to do much MUCH better. My time was: 34.23 which was my best time that I've had in a 5k yet. I had to stop three times to walk a little and to take my inhaler, but I didn't let myself walk for more then 2 minutes. I paced my running and my breathing and I ran across the finish line with a giant smile on my face. I couldn't believe it, when you are running a 5k you feel (well I feel) like I am taking forever and I will be in last place.  So it's always a nice surprise when you do much better than you thought you would. So, since doing that race was so successful I think I am going to find a jingle bell run to do. Then I'll go from there, and maybe take a break for a few months.

I did eat quite a bit this weekend, however I weighed myself and I found out I am down another pound. Woohoo! After all the whining and complaining about not losing, I actually lost a pound.  I am down to 153 and 150 actually feels attainable now. 3 pounds? I got this. After this weekend I made a promise to myself to do whatever I need to do this week to lose another pound. Which means eating right ALL week and exercising at least 3 times this week. It's been a long time since I've been at this weight and it is starting to feel really good.  I still cringe a bit when I get on the scale, but I'm getting so much better. I know that there are so many hurdles after this first goal (20 pounds) but I'm focusing on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!