I survived Halloween, next up: Thanksgiving

I don't know how I did it, but I survived. My total candy consumption for Halloween: 2 fun size packs of Whoppers (62 calories total), Reese's Peanut butter cup (80 Calories total) and a Snickers (80 calories total). As a chocolate fiend, this is a very successful year for me. Previous years I have indulged and not thought about how much I was eating. I could easily eat an entire box of Whoppers a large Snickers or a few peanut butter cups. I can't say it doesn't cross my mind to just pick up a candy bar at the grocery store while they are staring me right in the face. So I do pick it up and I look at the back and the calorie count and I pretty much throw it back. It must be a mental thing, but when I even think about eating a lot of candy I swear I can feel my stomach getting bigger.

A lot of people look at me and will say "what's a piece of candy every now and then?" Well for someone who has hypothyroidism and a slow metabolism, a piece of candy every now and then (I'm talking once a week or so) is at least 3 pounds put back on. No.Freaking.Thank.You.

Next is Thanksgiving, I'm nervous. This is one of my FAVORITE holidays, because I obviously love to eat. How am I going to keep myself under control on the best most fattening holiday of the year? How can anyone expect me to stay within my range when the POINT of this holiday is to eat until you burst?! Well the point of it is to actually be thankful for what we have, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.  My Dad makes THE best turkey, he puts BACON on top of it. BACON! I'm pretty sure bacon  was sent down from the heavens to make the world a better place. Then when you have bacon cooking on top of turkey for 6 hours or so and soaking up all the juices and the fat of the turkey, it's just freaking good. I am usually the one who eats most of the bacon off the turkey, not this year unfortunately. I'm going to have to try and resist!  This is not going to be easy, but it's all about portions. I'm running in a 5k that morning so I will have burned off a few hundred calories before I even start to eat. I may even do the Shred before I eat. I will get through Thanksgiving without gaining. I will.

Also, a big shout out to a good friend who texted me telling me that she beat the "little devil" yesterday in her food choice ;)  xo

I hope everyone had a lovely Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!