I'm back again :)



I have been taking a hiatus from blogging lately; it really has to do with a lot of factors. We had some crazy virus run through our house and my son, husband and myself all got sick at one point. It was rough. One of the hardest things you can go through as a parent is when your kid is sick and there’s nothing you can do about it. So basically the past 3 weeks I haven’t been working out and I’ve been eating very little, I lost 6 pounds in about a week. Well now that things are back to normal, baby is 100% himself again and I am pretty much back to normal so I have no reason to not be eating healthy and working out.

So far this week I’ve worked out three times (though this morning was legs and I really didn’t give it all I had) and have been eating much better. I’m working really hard to incorporate 5 servings of fruits/vegetables into my diet a day.  The way I’m doing this is making sure that with every meal or every time I eat that in addition to whatever I’m having, I add a fruit or vegetable. Fruits are so much easier for me than vegetables. I love vegetables, I really do, I just find it hard for some reason to snack on them. The only way I like to eat carrots or celery is with ranch dressing or hummus. The hummus is fine but the ranch dressing ehhh not so much. I don’t really get the big deal about Kale chips either, I’ve had them and I’m not that impressed. I’m thinking of buying some snap peas and just cooking them up and bagging them for snacks during the week, those are easy enough for me to eat. I’m trying to also not eat a lot of processed foods, when I go grocery shopping I very rarely go down the aisles anymore. I find most of my food on the perimeter of the store (which for me is where the organic section is in the grocery store I go to), I’m really proud of this because 3 years ago I would have bought whatever was easiest and looked good.  We keep almost no junk food in our house, this means no chips ( though I do have some Annie’s cheddar bunnies in the cabinet) no cookies (for the most part.. every now and then I’ll break down and buy a box of cookies) and no ice cream. In fact, I can’t even tell you the last time I had real ice cream.. I’m thinking it was when I was pregnant (I told myself the soft serve frozen yogurt wasn’t good because of the bacteria in the machine.. so I had to have ice cream..).

 When I look back I am pretty proud of how far I’ve come and it gives me the motivation to keep going. Even though this weight loss has been very slow going and I’ve had a lot of stops and starts, I’m not going to quit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!