Overcoming obstacles.



So, I did the Jimmy Fund Walk a little over a month ago and since I did it my knee has been bothering me. I’ve let it go and had the mind set of “If I can run through it, it’s not that bad” or “If I can ignore it, it isn’t really there”. Well unfortunately it’s only gotten worse, with last week’s 3 days of couch 2 5k it seems to have irritated it even more.  It was so bad this morning I couldn’t even walk on the treadmill, I tried running and barely got to 45 seconds before I just had to stop. I was so disappointed. I still did a small work out (abs and some stretching to try and help my knee), but it wasn’t nearly as good and I barely have 4k steps as of this afternoon. I broke down and made an appointment to see my doctor because nothing I have been doing is helping, plus I’m taking Ibuprofen every day to try and alleviate some of the pain and I know that can’t be good. Fingers crossed that it is just a simple fix.  
So for now I’ll have to focus on the eating better aspect of this more, if I can’t exercise it still doesn’t mean I can’t lose weight. It also doesn’t give me an excuse to not try and get as many steps in. I may not get to 10k, but I will get as close as possible!  Today has been good so far, I had my skinnytaste soup, grapes and cheese. Tonight we’re having Linguine with sausage and roasted peppers (Skinnytaste as well!). So hopefully if I can continue to manage this, I can still lose this week. 

Just another step in this lovely adventure of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!