A lot has changed

I finished week 6 up today, 22 minute jog with no intervals. That was a tough one, mainly because of that last hill. I thought I wanted to badly to stop and just lay on the pavement for a few minutes. I didn't though, I thought to myself "how crazy would it be that I have gone the entire 19 minutes and then just quit in the last 3 minutes? Really? No. You keep going and get your ass up that hill woman!" And I did. Then I turned around when I got to the other side and went back up (the other side isn't as steep) and went back down. The last minute was easier because of the downhill but man was that rough. Not to mention it was incredibly humid out this morning and my allergies were killing me. My left eye is swollen and looks like I just got out of a boxing match. Then at the end, I stopped and checked my pace and from what RunKeeper said it was my fastest pace yet. Wow. I'm pretty proud of that. I've made a lot of progress in the past few weeks and I'm really starting to feel like my old self again, the me that's done races and was actually able to get to a 10 minute mile before. It feels great, though I did look at Week 7 and it's just jogging for 25 minutes straight. Yikes. I'm a bit nervous about that, but I'll do whatever I can to get it done.

On the weight loss end of it, I lost 3 lbs last week which was fantastic. I'm a bit nervous about today and tomorrow as I have to attend some meetings for work and dinners, it'll be hard to keep it regulated with my calories. I just have to be mindful and do the best I can. 

Onward and upward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!