The honest push.

Today I decided to take a look back at my Instagram. For every run I do, I take a pic after so I can document how far I've come when I finish C25K. Let me tell you, these pictures are not pretty, they are sweaty, no make up, hair all over the place pictures, but they do tell a story. I started giving C25k an honest push about 6 weeks ago. The reason I started giving it the complete honest push was because of a simple text message. I sent my husband a text after doing a particularly hard session of C25K. I think it was the start of week 3 (which was a big jump and so far my hardest week), I said "I can't do this, I don't know why it's so hard now" or something along those lines. The response was the push I needed he basically said "because you haven't been consistent. When you were running every day it got easier". I didn't quite realize it at the time but he was right. I was mostly annoyed because he was being honest when I wanted him to tell me that I was doing great, but the truth is that at the time I wasn't and he was honest with me (he always is). He doesn't sugarcoat anything which is pretty helpful (after the fact) because it gives me the drive to keep going. At week 3, I honestly never thought I'd get to week 4. I was really close to quitting and now I'm almost finished with week 7 and I'm 2 weeks away from becoming a C25K graduate. Even though I did the program before, I never quite finished it. Once I could run 25 minutes I figured there wasn't a reason to keep going, so I think I kind of screwed myself there. Not to say I didn't do great before, because I did. I finished a 5k in under 30 minutes which was my goal. I just don't think I trained the way I should have. So, I really am appreciative of my husband who is always the honest and supportive push I need to get to the next level. It helps so much, I wouldn't have gotten this far without his help.  

I also am now starting to think beyond C25K, which would be 5k-10k. I downloaded all three apps (C25K, 5K-10K and then 13.one) with hopes I'd at least finish C25K. So my next step is to do the 5k-10k which admittedly looks really scary right now, running for 60 minutes straight? SERIOUSLY? Well, we'll just have to see how it goes! 

For now though, I'm focusing on finishing up this week for C25K and starting week 8. So close. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!