When you just can't.

The past few days have been rough, I've been dealing with a combination of a cold, allergies and my asthma being irritated by the above.  I really haven't been giving it my all on any front, including eating/exercising. I did get a jog/walk in on Monday, 3 miles! It was hard because I also decided to take my son and push him in the jogging stroller, 26lbs plus the weight of the stroller is not an easy go. This morning though, I had a really hard time. I felt that familiar tightness in my chest and my wheezing indicating that my asthma was really kicking up, I couldn't find my inhaler at first this morning so I just had to hope and pray that I didn't go into a full on asthma attack while driving. I didn't, thankfully! Once I got to work I ended up finding the inhaler and took it, I started to feel a little better but knew better than to push it. I know my limits and know that when I'm feeling that way, I really shouldn't push myself. I still decided to take a walk though, a walk my lungs could handle. Halfway through I felt a lot better and really wanted to start running, but I held back. I knew if I started running I would end up feeling much worse in the end so I just picked the pace up of walking. I did have a nice walk though, it was very peaceful which sometimes you need. It's good to reflect and get your day started on an even keel. I still did *something* so I'm not counting the day as a loss and not getting totally discouraged with myself either. Starting today off right with my shakeo and then a granola/yogurt parfait for breakfast to give me the boost I need.

Something else I have been thinking about are my goals and I know they seem to change a lot. One thing that I'm really toying with is the idea of doing a half marathon. I think I could do one in November and be ok. I'd have enough time to train for it properly and would just continue the training program I'm on, I'd finish up C25K,  move into 5k-10k and then move into the 13.1 training. I say this even though I am just able to run 2 miles now, but hey..everyone has to start somewhere, right?

Hopefully tomorrow I will be back on course and feeling better so I can really give week 8 the shot it deserves. 

Have a good day everyone, get out there and move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!