"You'll feel way worse if you stop"

I went for a run today, I mean it is 55 degrees out at the end of February, I kind of had to.  This is week four day two of C210K (which is basically c25k and c210k combined). So, this week is you run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, walk for 3 minutes, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds and then run for 5 minutes.  So basically two of each time segment and it seemed like it would be easy, nope. That's just a big fat nope. I did stop twice on this run for about 20 seconds, I just felt like I was going to completely pass out and convinced myself I had to. It helped and I was able to push through, but I'm still a bit disappointed that I stopped at all. Anyways, in the last 5 minute run interval I really was struggling. I decided to run through the park which was uneven and uphill (this was not my smartest idea), I had about 90 seconds left of running and I really just wanted to stop. I was having such a big argument with myself about it in my head. Then I used a mantra that I've been repeating to myself the past few weeks, "you'll feel way worse if you stop". If I didn't finish these last 90 seconds, I was going to be really pissed at myself. 90 seconds of "pain" compared to the feeling of victory. Well I kept going and I finished and did not die (obvi). I even let out a "WHOO!" and did a Rocky style dance after I finished (yes in a public park with I'm sure people looking at me like I was nuts. whatever, I was excited).  So I finished and even if I looked like sloth from the Goonies, I still accomplished something today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!