Work it..I need a glass of water

That title doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm writing about today, but I love Missy E (as everyone who grew up in the 90s/00s should) so, you get it. 

Moving on..this morning I finished up week 3 of C210K and man it was HARD, like muscles crying hard. I had woken up and was not feeling my work out. The whole way to the gym I was trying to talk myself out of it, telling myself that I've worked hard for 3 days so I could take today easy.. but..I didn't buy it. I got here and just sucked it up and did it. So week 3 of C210K is 4 running intervals, 2 for 1minute 30 seconds and 2 for 3 minutes, with walking intervals of 1.30 and 3 minutes between. The past few days I've been doing the 1.30 at 5.5 and then the 3 minutes at 5.3, well today I decided to just do all the running intervals  at 5.5, so that would explain why it was so hard. My heart rate was up in the 150s (it's normally 68 resting so that's pretty significant for me) and I was just pouring sweat. I did it though and I didn't die, so that's a plus. This is all really important for me to mention because the last few times I've done C25K I've always kept the treadmill at 4.8-5 but I've been able to consistently be at 5.5 the past 2 weeks, which is something I'm really proud of. I know a lot of runners are up at 6 or an 8 but hey, this is great for me and it's something that I can work on and build my strength on. 

So that's my fitness and my nutrition has been going really well, I'm making good decisions for the most part and logging every.single.thing which has always helped me in the past. 

I'm also trying to incorporate yoga into my day, I work in the very back of my office and there is basically no one back here. So I will get up at random times during the day and just do some yoga stretches to get myself moving. I've found it really helps my muscles to loosen up a bit, sitting in a chair staring at a computer for 8-10 hours a day is completely exhausting and terrible for you. 

So things are going great. I'm really trying to focus on just feeling healthy and doing what needs to be done to get there. So far so good with that :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!