On and off the wagon



I found this online and thought it was super appropriate, I know I’m going to fall off the wagon at least ten times before I have a good rhythm going. It sucks to be honest, but it’s the way it is. Life gets in the way and then we have holidays and days off. We get sick or things happen and often weight loss is the first thing to get pushed to the side. Which to me is fine, It all makes sense and it’s all part of that journey (I know, how cheesy but bear with me).  The thing for me and the reason I get back on the wagon is because it’s always on my mind; honestly, there isn’t a time that I’m not thinking about how to get back on track. I can only take it day by day as I’ve said before and that’s the only way to do it right now.

I’m feeling good about my work out this morning, it was so.freaking.hard. I did day 1 of C25K which I’ve completed before, but I really pushed myself this morning (I had the treadmill up to 6.5 at one point) and I wanted to quit so badly. My legs were burning, my lungs were burning, my face was burning – I was basically an inferno on the treadmill. I kept looking in the mirror expecting my whole body to be on fire. However there was no spontaneous combustion going on and I survived the work out. I feel bad for the people around me because I’m not exactly a quiet runner and I tend to mouth the words to the songs on my iPod, Including DMX – rough riders anthem, I’m sure they didn’t appreciate the end of the song “talk is cheap…” but it helped me push my way through my work out so that’s all that really matters to me. It’s ok that I look a little crazy, as long as I get through it. Then of course I had the matter of looking like a tomato for about 2 hours after my work out, which happens.  

I have a 5k this weekend and I’m not exactly sure how that’s going to go – actually, I am pretty sure that I am going to come in dead last. I’m planning on pushing the baby in my jogging stroller that I have never used, oh well, as long as I finish I’ll be happy! Even if I’m the last one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!