Week 3 progress!

Ah, it's Friday! Friday has always been my favorite day of the week, it's laid back usually, I get to work from home (most of the time) and it's just a good day! Lately Friday has been my favorite day because it is my weigh in day! Today I wasn't sure how it was going to go, I haven't been really running much this week (except for a few days) and I've just felt, off.  So I was a bit nervous getting on the scale, but when I did I was pleasantly surprised! I lost 2.6 pounds! I am officially out of the 180s and almost on the "other" side of the 170s. I haven't really noticed my body changing to much, but I've had people commenting on it, so I'm guessing that it is apparent to others.  So that is great news! Progress is progress! 

I've been making small changes that I think are making a big difference. I have been drinking my coffee black, no milk, no sugar for the past 3 weeks. It's been an adjustment for me, but I'm getting used to it!  I just couldn't see "spending" my calories on something like milk and sugar for my coffee which could be a 0 calorie drink. I've also cut way way down on the starches I eat, I've had a few potatoes here and there, but I've cut out white rice and will have vegetables with my dinner instead.  I realized I really enjoy sweet potatoes, not quite exactly like potatoes but it's a good substitute. I'm not saying I'll never incorporate potatoes fully into my diet again, just for now I am thinking it's best to keep them at a minimum. I had trouble with my FitBit this week, for some reason it wasn't syncing but I got it to work again, so I haven't been counting my steps but that will be something I continue to do. I also joined a gym that is close to my home, one of my  main excuses as to why I don't go to the gym on some days is that the gym I use is at work and on a day I'm not working or not in the area, I'm not going to go all the way there. So I joined our local Y, they offer a lot of classes and have a really nice fitness center. Plus, they have a pool! I don't know if anyone knows this about me, but I'm really not a strong swimmer, at all. I have such a fear of not being able to reach the bottom of a pool or the ocean so I've never wanted to do it.  Well they do offer Adult swim lessons, so I may even take those. I feel like swimming is great exercise and something I would enjoy so I'm hoping this will help me get over my fear if I do decide to take lessons. They also have spin classes, spin is something I've been really wanting to try! I have friends that LOVE it so I'll give that a shot. I'm really looking forward to trying new things! 

Some other exciting news is I signed up to do the Jimmy Fund Walk again in September! I know, I might be slightly crazy after the pain I endured last year, but this year I will be in much better shape! Plus, I'm going to follow the tips of the walkers I talked to last year to avoid the thumb size (yes thumb size) blisters on my feet! I also am the "captain" of a team! I'm hoping to get at least 5 people to walk with me. I already have 2 people that are doing it with me which will be great! I can't explain the feeling of pride I have from doing this walk and how exciting it is for me.  Just something I really love to be able to do! 

Alright folks! Have a great weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!