Keeping up

I went to the Red Sox game last night with my husband, it was a lot of fun. We had some great seats..I had some deliciously bad for you ballpark food and a few equally as bad and delicious adult beverages. It was a good night. As we were walking back to the parking garage where his car was parked (it's a good 10-15 minute walk) he said to me "I remember back in 2008 when you couldn't keep up with me, this is great". It's true, we've been together for over 7 years and when we first started dating it would always annoy me how fast he walked. He's a good 4 or 5 inches taller than I am, so his legs are significantly longer than mine so for every one step he takes it's two for me. Last night was the first time I really realized how much I had changed, I was able to keep up with him without being out of breath. It's pretty empowering to realize the good things you are doing for your body and the changes you've made. 

It helped me feel better this week since I've been having a tough time with not running. I haven't been able to run this week because my IT band started acting up again (I know, I need to get a foam roller..) and to hopefully avoid it from getting any worse I took some time off this week. It's been frustrating because I was making so much progress last week and now I'm afraid I've moved backwards. I'll find out today since I'm feeling better enough to get out there again. I'll be starting week 5 of C25K which I'm nervous about and maybe that's another reason I put off running this week.  Who knows, but I know for sure that today I'm getting back into it.  I'm anticipating a rough run, but that's ok, it'll be worth it. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!