You don't have to be perfect.

I have had this thought in my head that when I lost weight before that I was perfect, I ate fantastic and logged everything. Well today I decided to go back and look at my food diary from 2, almost 3 years ago and I'm so glad I did.

I was not perfect. I ate candy, pizza, cheeseburgers.. etc. I logged it all but I still had it. I would say about 75% of the time I was eating great but the rest of the time I was enjoying food. I think the big difference was my portion control, I constantly had that "I won't have enough calories" thought in my head when I ate. It really helped me cut down on having seconds with dinner and desserts.  I feel almost like a pressure has been taken off, like I can breathe again. I don't feel as consumed by the fact that I have to eat perfectly all the time.  It helps to know that I've done this before by eating a lot of the foods that I really enjoy that I've been telling myself "no" and still losing weight.  So, I feel a lot better about that.

I'm pretty happy to say that I also completed C25K week 2 today. I think that I felt the best after this mornings "run" than I have in awhile. Normally I'm pretty much half alive when I step off the treadmill, but this morning I really paced myself. I have decided that one day out of the three  I will really push the limits on how fast I'm running and the other two I will  pace myself. I read in my Sarah Fit book that it's really good to have one really hard work out where you go to your limits. So, I'll try to strive for that as my "last" work out of the week.  I'm also doing well on the Ab challenge I'm doing with my girlfriends. Usually I give up by now (even though it's really only the second week ha!) but I've kept up and when I've missed a day or two, I have made it up. I am really starting to feel confident about my progress again, which is so helpful to my consistency.

Another good thing about this week is that I've finally seen a number that I have not seen in a long time. I am in the 160s, barely, but I'm there. It counts, right? What a great feeling it is to see that number. It really tells me "OK, I'm doing this. I'm getting there" and it makes me so happy.

So just have to keep remembering that I don't have to be perfect to do this. I just have to keep trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!