Hello, 2018.

I've been really crappy at writing the past 6 months (ok maybe the past few years), but I'm really hoping to get back into it with 2018. I know a lot of people look at New Years Resolutions as silly, why wait until the first of the year to start fresh? I'm not sure why, but it's always been good for me, I've always really liked having that ability to look forward and be positive about the new year. So, with that being said, I want to talk about some of my goals for 2018 and beyond. I'm going to be snagging some ideas from my girl Kelly at Rejectingordinary.com as well as throwing some of my own in.

  • The first thing and something I really love that Kelly talked about in her blog is MealPlan Mondays, where she posts her meal plans for the week. I love this idea! It will keep me accountable for doing meal plans every week (and hopefully sticking to them). So my goal is to post a meal plan each Monday with what we're having for dinner for the week. 
  • Next, I'm going to be focusing on each month as it's own challenge. I'm doing a challenge with my friends on FB of no alcohol/sweets for the month of January. I've also cut coffee - I'm on day 4 and haven't cut anyone yet, so that's a good sign. I'm drinking green tea, which is supposed to be better for you. I don't really miss coffee right now, I think I really just enjoy the routine of getting a hot cup of something in the morning so the tea does it with that. I do have to work on my honey intake though, I really enjoy honey and having it in my tea, but it bumps my sugar way up there.
  • Logging! Food logging on LoseIt is something I'm doing again, it is eye opening, I will tell you that. I'm also paying attention to my macros as well and not just calories, how much sugar/carbs/fat am I having per day?  I'm holding myself and my group to that every day. Not an easy habit to get back into but it really helped before!
  • Exercise! So I've been doing squats/push ups with my group for this January challenge that my co admin and friend Steph have been posting and that's a good start! My next step is to get back to the gym and to get my treadmill downstairs set up. I'm one of those people that I get the urge to workout at random times and I really enjoy getting on the treadmill and just running with my earbuds in, so I'm hoping to get my Uncle over to help us get the outlet put in for my treadmill so it doesn't blow every fuse in my house again. I'm not going to be able to get out and run outside anytime soon, so this has to be my next step. I do really well with weight loss when I'm running or on a program for running, so, I have to get going on that. 
  • Mediation. Ugh, I really need to get back to this, though usually I'm somewhat meditating when I'm running, but I need to start focusing on mental health as well as physical.
So that's my start for January and hopefully 2018! I'm excited for this year and I'm also going to start using my "law of attraction" planner, which helps you focus on the positive and setting realistic goals for yourself. In the planner it says you want to dedicate 20 minutes a day to it, 10 in the morning and 10 at night. I think that is pretty doable. I'm feeling a bit lost with my career and myself as of late, so I think this will all help bring me back to focus.  

Here we go! Let's do this!

Let me know if you'd like to join mine and Steph's FB group, we have a lot of great things going on in there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

The voice in your head that says you can't do this.. is a liar.