Scheduling food and a vent.



During the day is my worst time for eating. I eat when I’m stressed, I eat when I’m bored, I eat when I’m happy..basically I am always eating. I’m definitely one of those “emotional” eaters that you hear about, but on the other side of it I just love food.  As crazy as this sounds, most of my day is thinking about when/what I’m going to eat again. I really can’t help it; it’s just how I’ve always been. Random fun fact: I was almost a chef, I even went to cooking school for a semester (then I realized that 7 hour classes and burning myself every day just wasn’t for me). I just have a serious passion for food..and my scale certainly shows it.  One way I’ve learned to cope with my food addiction (because let’s face it, it really is an addiction) is to set alarms for when I should be snacking. This sounds crazy, I know, but it helps to take my mind off of when I should be eating and I actually eat less when I do this. So, I set reminders on my calendar for every 3 hours or so, breakfast is 7:30-8:30 then a morning snack between 10:30-11:30, Lunch at 12:30-1:30, and then another snack at 3:30-4:30. When I stagger it like that, I find myself eating a lot less (there are days when I am constantly hungry though and if I really am hungry I won’t deprive myself).

 I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: losing weight is a total mind game. It doesn’t happen easily and it doesn’t happen overnight. I will say that over time I have found that there are no quick fixes. I will say this again because I feel like it needs to be said twice: there are no quick fixes. You are not going to lose weight and keep it off (in a healthy way) by just drinking shakes or completely cutting out certain foods (unless it’s the really bad for you stuff because you shouldn’t be eating that stuff anyway!). You are just going to drive yourself crazy and become even more obsessive. I’ve tried just about everything over the years: diet pills, shakes, eating only lean cuisines (yes, I  ate only lean cuisines for about a month before I thought I was going to go crazy) and while all of it helped me lose some weight, when I stopped I felt awful and gained the weight right back. I know that there are some people that the drastic diets and all of the above work for and that’s fantastic. I just wish that there was more of a promotion of healthy eating instead of “eat only this and you’ll lose tons of weight in no time!”. I wish there were more success stories out there about “I worked my ass off counting calories/ate smart and working out and lost weight in a reasonable amount of time!” You just don’t hear about it enough and it can make it extremely discouraging for those of us who are having a hard time. I know of a few friends who have done it this way and I applaud them because they are fantastic, especially my friend Stephanie who has been my inspiration for losing weight. She has been working on herself for the past 2 years and she looks amazing. She also blogs, you can check out her blog here: http://thefirst43.blogspot.com/ Thanks for everything, Steph :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!