New Month.



So, I really wasn’t expecting such an overwhelming response to my last blog entry. What I found was a lot of women (new Mom’s specifically) are having the same issues that I’m having and feel the same way that I do. We got this, ladies. I think the hardest part about losing weight is finding the actual confidence to do it and finding what works for you. I know what you are probably thinking “I’m losing weight to gain confidence, not losing weight BECAUSE I have confidence” but I don’t think that works (at least not for me). In order for me to lose weight, I have to have confidence in myself that I can A. Stick to it and B. see the changes. If I go into it without having any confidence at all, it doesn’t last and I’m back where I started a week later. If I try to have that confidence in myself I look at it not “if I can lose the weight” but “when I lose weight”. It’s such a mind game, but it works.


In my opinion, the easiest way to look at losing weight is to simplify it. I mean, how are you going to keep track of it (along with everything else in your life) if you have a million things to worry about. What has worked for me in the past and what I’m thinking will work for me in the future is to count my calories and exercise when I can. I try to eat healthier but trust me; there are many occasions that I do not eat a single vegetable or piece of fruit a day. Usually, as long as I stay within my calorie range and eat as healthy as I can, I do fine. This is what keeps me sane while trying to lose weight. If I sit there and tell myself “You can’t have this” of course I am just going to want it more. What I do is give myself a limit: You can have 2 pieces of chocolate; Just enough to get the taste of it but not enough to throw my day out of whack. I have never been one of those people that can put restrictions on what I eat, when I do that I fail, so the no carbs diet or things of that nature have never worked for me. I try to keep it simple and keep myself in check that way. I’m also planning on getting back into exercising in small ways that are different than I had done before. I’m doing monthly challenges to keep myself moving, it helps and every month is different so I don’t get bored to easily. I think that along with the shred will help me start to get back into exercising. Then I can get back into running and go from there.

I have a really positive outlook on this for the first time since I started getting back into it. Writing my blog again is definitely going to help me. Oh and day 3 of no soda, I don’t drink a whole lot but I think replacing the amount I do drink with water will definitely be beneficial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!