If I can do this, so can you.

I have 2 weeks left in C25K. I took last week off and basically ate what I wanted..didn't work out..it was rough. To be fair, I've been really not feeling well so I think it was needed. I also think part of it was that I was scared of starting week 8, running for 28 minutes straight really shook me up for some reason. I had it in my head that there was no way I could do it. Anyway, I started week 8 this morning and can I say, I never thought I'd be able to run for 28 minutes straight again? I thought that ship had sailed and my body just wasn't programmed for it anymore. Well..I freaking did it. I felt GOOD doing it to! I wasn't out of breath, my legs hurt a little but it wasn't that bad. I mean, I finished and I wasn't counting down the seconds begging, pleading, praying for it to be over. Granted I had to do it inside so it was a bit boring being on the treadmill, but man did it feel good when I finished. The improvement my body has made over the past 8 weeks really just amazes me in a way, if you had said to me 8 weeks ago that I could jog for 28 minutes on the treadmill I would have laughed in your face. I could BARELY get through the 1 minute at the beginning without feeling like I was dying. It also occurred to me this morning that this has become something I actually enjoy doing, the time I spend in the morning running is MY time. It seriously is the best when I am out on the road running and the world hasn't quite woken up yet. The sun is just coming up and everything is just..quiet. I've really started to like it again and that is something I thought was never going to happen again. 

I'm serious when I say, If I can get to this point than anyone can. It's taken a lot of soul searching and learning about my body. If I could give one piece of advice to someone looking to get started, it would be to just do it. Start with Day 1 and focus on that particular day. Don't worry about what's coming, don't stress that you won't be able to get far, just keep going.  Find something you want to focus on, a goal you want to achieve and remember that every run you go on, every step you take is going to get you closer to that goal. Make small, subtle changes in your day to day routines. Skip dessert one or two times per week, swap out soda for water or seltzer a few times a day, shop the perimeter of the grocery store once in awhile.. and then you get there. You get to a point where you start to believe in your own hype. I haven't been eating great lately which is my biggest struggle but I'm getting back to that. You veer off, but always make sure you come back to the course you were on and you will get there. All the small changes you make add up to a big one, so look at it that way. Find someone to be inspired by, their progress will help your progress.  I'll repeat it, if I can do this so can you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!