Run to Home Base

So the other day I started thinking about the spring and how I had set goals for myself to achieve this spring.  My biggest goal was to run a 10k, I have done a few 5ks and I love them. I just want to push it farther, I want to push myself as far as I can.

I had heard from a friend about the Run to Home Base, it's a 9k race at Fenway Park. I'm not the biggest baseball fan in the world, but having a chance to run on the field at Fenway  is something anyone from Massachusetts would probably love to do. So I signed up. Then I panicked. How am I going to run 5.5 miles when it's right now a struggle to run 3.10? It hit me though, that this time last year, I was definitely not able to run a single mile. That I every race I have run I have improved on. This will most likely be my first race of the year (unless I decide to do a 5k in April but with life being the way it is, I doubt that's going to happen)  so I'm going to prepare for it, I'm going to train and I'm going to run the whole.damn.thing.  After all, I am running for Veterans with Traumatic brain injuries and PTSD, these men fought for our country and for my freedom to be able to run this race. The least I can do is run the whole thing.

Unfortunately this week has been a wash for me gym-wise, which happens. So it just means I have to work harder next week. 

Also, if you'd like to sponsor me and donate to a great cause please visit my website:
http://www.runtohomebase.org/2013runtohomebase/KrystaleB

It would really mean a lot! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!