Juust about halfway there, progress post!

Well folks, I have just about lost 20 pounds! So I figured I'd do a progress post, I  haven't done one of these with pictures (other than my face) yet. So here it is!

First, there are quite a few things I've learned since I started all this back in August, I've shared most of them but it never hurts to re-share them!

1.) There is no quick fix to losing weight, seriously. All of those fads you see of people who "lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks!" it's all a lie.  Unless you are not eating and are working out 24 hours a day, there is no healthy way to do this. The only way to lose weight is to eat healthier/less and to exercise. That's it.

2.) Everyone loses weight differently. By this I mean in different spots and in different ways, something that works for me might not work for everyone else and everyone loses weight at a different rate. This is something I had to learn the hard way, I see friends that can drop 2 pounds in a week and I can only lose maybe .5 or 1 pound, you have to stop comparing yourself to other people.

3.) Just because the weight comes off, doesn't magically mean your self esteem and confidence are fixed. It helps, sure but you have to work on yourself at the same time.  You can't expect weight loss to fix all of your problems and you have to remember that if you hate yourself when you are fat, you are most likely going to hate yourself when your skinny. Just in a different way.  I'm not going to go all hippy dippy and say "love is all you need" but it kind of is. 

4.) Pictures are the key. I stopped seeing myself for awhile, because I felt fat and I knew I was fat. Why should I look at pictures to confirm the fact? Now, that I look back I really wish I had looked at the pictures before or that I had taken "before" pictures. I am ashamed in one way, but it makes me proud to know how far I've come. 

5.) I'm only halfway there and I already feel a lot better. I am excited to see what the rest of the 20 pounds is going to look like when it comes off.  I had been feeling kind of on the fence about continuing to lose weight, I was getting sick of it, the pressure to step on the scale and the weeks of disappointment it became a lot for me to handle. I took a week to kind of re-center myself and I feel better and re-energized.   I feel like I'm ready for the next few months and whatever good things may come.  One thing I do know is, that "fat girl" isn't coming back. She's gone and I buried her. Then I built a house on top of where I buried her.

OK, so like I said, I don't really have any before pictures, and I really haven't taken many great during pictures but the below is the best I could do! Hope you can see a difference! Thank you for all of your support during this as well! I couldn't have done it without my friends and family!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation, Inspiration and realizations.

Krystale VS. Evil weight loss monitor thingymajig

It's a new week!